Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Self-Analysis Post

The College Students, Relationships, and Technology blog has been a beneficial learning experience for me. It has allowed me to expand my mind on what seemed to be a one-dimensional argument. Beginning this blog I automatically assumed that all student’s relationships were benefited through the use of the new technologies of today. Facebook, Myspace, cell phones, and skype are quick simplified methods of communication. Since I have been in college the students here seem to want to know about the quickest and most efficient ways to communicate between each other so that time is maximized. Automatically assuming from the start was not beneficial for me because I began with a pre-set bias. Although I had this bias I found out quickly through research and observation that everyone’s relationships are not benefited through the use of technology. Being able to freely research this topic has been a different writing experience because I was able to research a broad set of information instead of being limited to a specific set of information that was solely on my topic. The flow of my writing was also not as formal as it would be in a formal writing setting and this was GREAT. Not having the pressure of knowing that you were going to be strictly critiqued I believes made my writing better because it was free flowing and natural. This was an excellent writing experience that allowed me to grow as a writer. I wouldn’t mind continue my blog for the simple fact that it is an informal form of writing that invites free thought without being limited to a single topic.

--The Tech Man

No comments:

Post a Comment