Monday, November 2, 2009

Annotated Links Post

Blog Readers,

This post hopefully helps you out a little in understanding why I chose some of the sites that I chose and what information that I picked up from them. This post will consist of about 3 or 4 links with descriptions of each.

1) http://www.hyoomik.com/philo/numb1.htm ..... This link I believe has been one of the most beneficial links that I have used throughout the blogging process. It giving in-depth information for both side of the argument. This link provides pros and cons for the argument and really expanded my thinking about the current technology that we are provided with here on Earth. Although this article is focused and titled Technology on Business it gives details and exposes truths about how everyone is effected by this epidemic.

2)http://www.wested.org/techpolicy/research.html ..... This link was very helpful because it too allowed me to internalize a different prospective of my argument throughout my blog. It gave information about how technology is effecting learning and teaching in the classroom. Students are taught and lots of learning takes place in these environments so I thought it was necessary and appropriate to use this source throughout my blog writing.

3)http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2007/09/17/it .... This link included an excellent article that paralleled my blogging topic precisely. It entailed the effects that technology specifically had on students. The article mentioned how colleges and college students have embraced technology and used it to there advantage. It argued that technology improves learning and the rate at which material is learned.

4)http://www.ed.gov/pubs/EdReformStudies/EdTech/effectsstudents.html ..... Another helpful link that caught my attention almost immediately was this one that gave further information about the effects of technology on students and classrooms. The links that I chose which included information about students and classrooms I thought were extremely important because students spend ampill amounts of time in classroom and what goes on in the classroom effects the social life and the relationships that he or she has.

5)http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0FCR/is_1_33/ai_62894068/ ..... This final link provided the first article that is shown along with several other links to different articles. These articles were extremely helpful with looking at my argument from the emotional side and the challenges that colleges students go through in some relationships. These emotional downfalls can be enhanced and/or eliminated through the use of technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment